- Compete against yourself and not others - Friendly competition with other
people never hurt anyone, but your real competition should be yourself.
Strive everyday to be better than you were the day before!
- Scale Workouts if you have to - Leave the egos at home! We are more concerned
- We can't make you eat right but we encourage it - Supplementing your workout
with a proper diet will optimize your results. Ask one of our coaches or veteran
members about the proper foods to eat and check out diets like Paleo and Zone.
- If you don't understand, ask questions - The coaches are here to help you. They
have been trained and have experience in handling classes and instructing you on
the movements that will be performed.
- The workouts do not get easier - What gets easier is your ability to perform the
movements that a workout may contain. You will find yourself pushing yourself
even harder as you become more proficient in different areas. You'll hate every bit of
it but love it so much you'll return the next day!
- Always remember to have fun - Don't treat CrossFit like something you have to do,
treat it like something you want to do! Laugh and cheer everyone on till the last
sound of the clock buzzer!
- Rest and Recovery are crucial - Listen to your body! Nobody knows you better than
you. Rest days are important to give your body time to recuperate so that you can
ensure you're ready to give it your all in each WOD.
- It's all about community - We'll tell you all day we are not a cult but we kind of
are. A good one though! We hope it's not something that you just do but a lifestyle
you adopt! We love getting together with other Boxes and sharing the CrossFit
experience with everyone we possibly can!
Courtesy of CrossFit Orange Beach